We Declare “Not on Our Watch”
“Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears: for your work will be rewarded, says the Lord; and they [your children] will come again from the land of the enemy. And there is hope in the end,” saith the Lord, that your children will come again to their own border.
Make Sure That We Don’t Lose Them
- Over 1M youth in the church today will choose to leave each year for the next 3 decades. By 2050, 35M youth, raised in families that call themselves Christians, will say they are not (Source: The Great Opportunity: The American Church in 2050)
- They are leaving because they just weren’t interested in the Christian life they saw.
- This is the generation of digital natives who spend over 9 hours on technology consuming content every day.
- We must get their attention with what is truly worthwhile to rescue them from the land of the enemy.
Unchurched Kids: Reach them
- Gen Alpha (ages 15 and under) is the first post Christian generation in America and also the largest generation in America
- Have more material things at their disposal than any other generation.
- Raised without biblical knowledge, lowest biblical literacy of any generation in America.
- Raised without even a memory of the gospel.
- Rank playing video games, scrolling social media higher than in-person experiences.
Not On Our Watch
We’re making inroads on both fronts in our Kids & Students Ministries…
But we can’t stop
“For thy work shall be rewarded”
Ready to Play It Forward?
It’s uncomfortable to think about where we’re headed.
But you have more influence than you realize.
Let’s create positive, Godly environments that attract young people!